Admission as a student to the Children's Ministries Institute is required for all students desiring to enroll online in the CMI Online 8, 10 or 12 week courses. Those desiring to participate in seminars or the Demo Course are not required to complete the application process.
Who will benefit from enrolling in full courses?
- Those seeking vocational career opportunities with Child Evangelism Fellowship.
- Missionaries or missionary candidates who need a more specialized preparation for church planting or other church growth strategies which involve ministries to children.
- Bible college/university students who desire to supplement their training and specialize in children's ministries. Some colleges currently offer credit.
- Children's pastors; directors of children's ministry; Christian education directors and children's ministry leaders in a local church, denomination or parachurch ministry.
- Teachers, parents and others interested in evangelizing and discipling children.
- Those desiring to enhance ministry and leadership skills through continuing education.
*Note: Completion of Children's Ministries Institute courses does not necessarily guarantee employment with Child Evangelism Fellowship.
Individuals who are high school graduates eighteen years of age or above.
College students/graduates and career changers who desire a fresh challenge and specialized training after having completed their formal college degrees are also encouraged to enroll.
Because of the intensive nature of CMI courses, at least one year of Bible Institute or college is highly recommended. Applicants should have a strong biblical background and evidence maturity and capability to handle the course work.
Since the purpose of CMI is to train men and women to be leaders in children's ministries, prospective students must confirm the fact that they have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior. In addition, applicants must give evidence of a lifestyle which is consistent with Christian principles.
All applicants should be in agreement with the Child Evangelism Fellowship Statement of Faith / Doctrinal Protection Policy / Worker's Compliance Agreement. Any clarification concerning the CEF doctrinal position should be discussed with the CMI director before application is made.
The Children's Ministries Institute admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities accorded or made available to CMI students.